Jan. 2011 – Present
The State Press and State Press Magazine
Sports Reporter – Tennis
• Sole reporter for the ASU Women’s Tennis Team
• Write 2-3 stories per week
• Maintain working relationships with players and coaches
• Attend weekly meeting
• Pitch unique, original story ideas
• Write one story (500-600 words) per week
May – Aug. 2011 Sports 620 KTAR, Ryan Lindsay
Radio Intern, Fill-In Studio Producer
• Worked 20 hours a week
• Edit audio clips from Diamondbacks’ games
• Manage editing of podcasts, interviews and segments for sports talk shows
Sept. 2010 – March 2011 Avnet Technology Solutions, Penny Rowley
• Schedule appointments for Avnet Training Department
• Keep digital and paper files organized and current
• Assist Avnet clients on the phone and in person
Jan. – June 2010 Central Arizona College, Dr. Elizabeth Gioia
• Organize field trips for the Honors Program students.
• Update filing system for the Honors Program.
• Coordinate Honors Program Orientation.
• Manage student communications by creating flyers, rosters, and schedules.
• Perform all standard office duties as required.
2007-Present Todd and Julie Brown
• Care for four children on a regular basis in their home.
• Drive children to extracurricular events.
• Prepare meals.
• Communicate with parents.
Arizona State University, Walter Cronkite School of Journalism
BA in Journalism and Mass Communication, May 2013
Central Arizona College
Certificate, Arizona General Education Curriculum, May 2010
McIntyre Homeschool Academy
High School Diploma, May 2010
Honors and Awards
Dec. 2009 – Present Arizona State University Scholarship Recipient
• New American University Scholar – Dean’s Award
May 2010 St. George Catholic Community Scholarship Recipient
April 2010 Presented a paper at the Western Regional Honors Conference in
Jackson Hole, Wyoming
October 2009 Phi Theta Kappa Honors Society Inductee
• Held office of President in Spring 2010.
August 2009-May 2010 Central Arizona College Honors Program Scholarship Recipient
• Thesis Project, The Telemedicine Man: Shaping the Future of Modern Medicine for Rural Native American Communities.
July 2009 Washington DC Journalism and Media Conference Delegate
• One of five chosen leaders of one hundred seventy delegates.